Key Stage 5
What will I study?
The BTEC Extended Diploma in Uniformed Services is targeted at learners who would like to gain employment in the uniformed public services sector. It is suitable for individuals who would like to enter employment in either an operational role or in an office-based role supporting these services. This qualification gives learners the skills they need to understand the uniformed public services sector. The qualifications can also contribute towards applications for higher education where learners can pursue public services or specialist public service qualifications, for example a foundation degree or degree-level qualifications.
- Governments, policies and the Public Services
- Team Leadership in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Contemporary Society and the Public Services
- Team Development in Public Services
- Understanding Discipline within the Uniformed Public Services
- Diversity and the Public Services
- Physical Preparation and Fitness for the Uniformed Services
- International Perspectives for the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Command and Control in the Uniformed Public Services
- The Planning for and Management of Major Incidents
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Uniformed Public Services Employment
- Understanding the Criminal Justice System and Police Powers
- Understanding Behaviour in Public Sector Employment
- Custodial Care of Individuals
- Understanding Aspects of the Legal System and Law Making Process
Further qualifications can be gained while attending the CTC which will support future aspirations and personal development. This past year students have managed to gain a First Aid qualification, Food Hygiene certificates, Health and Safety certification and various other National Governing Body Award.
How will I be assessed?
All assessment is internally assessed by a teacher through a portfolio of work produce by the student for each unit that they study. The method of assessment will be varied according to the nature of the qualification being studied and will range from formal assignments, to delivering a presentation or being observed. There are NO exams.
Sam Tranter achieved a DDM grade for Uniformed Services in 2013. This grade has enabled him to fulfil one of his ambitions of joining the Royal Navy.
Course: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Services
Exam Board: Edexcel
Exam Specification Code: 500/7801/X