The OEAC consists of six very different zones offering a wide range of learning and physical/mental skills development opportunities. The zones are:
- Trench Zone: The Arthur Vickers VC trench is a World War One replica trench that brings to life conditions that soldiers endured in the conflict. A diverse range of activities can be accommodated including making periscopes, cooking authentic trench food, newspaper propaganda and much more.
- Challenge Zone: Kindly supported by the armed forces community covenant and Alcoa, the zone features a low ropes, boulder and caving system.
- Pond Zone: Kindly supported by Birmingham Airport Community Trust, the pond provides an accessible and secure environment for pond dipping and science experiments.
- Art and Sculpture Zone: A large area ideal for art and sculpture.
- Performance Zone: A perfect setting for intimate performances with its atmospheric setting and extensive capacity.
- Garden Zone: A stimulating environment to learn about gardening and cultivating crops.
The creation of our innovative Outdoor Education and Adventure Centre has been kindly supported by the academy’s grant partners, who all provided funds to help secure its development. If you would like to support future development of the centre please contact email@example.com.